Saw this idea on Tumblr ages ago and have finally got around to trying it. I like it because it's so simple and I think it's pretty a healthy breakfast option.
The texture of the flapjacks or whatever you want to call them was a bit different to what I was expecting but with joghurt and berries they are really nice. Best of all the recipe is really simple and easy to make.
There is a link in this article to a video, on my Tumblr blog, of the flapjacks being made.
- 2 bananas
- 125g of rolled oats
- 100g of honey
- Almond extract
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
How to make it
- Chop up bananas and mash up in a bowl.
- Mix in the honey with the bananas.
- Put the oats in a separate bowl and mix in the almond extract (I used vanilla extract), nutmeg and salt.
- Add the banana to the oats and mix well.
- Place the oats into a cup cake tray and cook for 10 - 12 minutes at 175 degress celcius.
Here is the finished flapjack with full fat natural greek yoghurt and blueberries.